Jun 26, 2009

Seven sons of Sceva

I weep for the boy in Connecticut
Seven sons of Sceva
Have left their mark on him
Did Jesus need to scream and shout
In total disregard
To safety, faith, and love

The boy is in distress
His mind and body had enough and vomits in response
The demons screaming in the ears
Of those still standing
Round the boy
The mob with millstones round their necks

How many times did Jesus say
To demons, "you get out"
He said it once and they obeyed
What lack of faith these "men" display
To shout and shout and shout
Not a mustard-seed in them all

What scares and angers me the most
What truly makes me boil
What keeps me up tonight
Keeps my pen to paper
Is the total lack of love and grousome advertisment
Makes you wonder who we're fighting

1 comment:

vegahelp said...

It took me a while to put a finger on the most disturbing part of the story.

These actions of an emotionally driven mob bent on destroying a helpless member of society reminds me too much of a lynching.

They have spiritually lynched this boy with total disregard to his body, mind, and soul, which speaks all too well about where the demons were in that room.