Apr 4, 2005

Sing in my ears.

(his song)

When will tomorrow get here
When today floats heavy on the sweat

Sitting on my chest
And pounding in my head
Fears of death
And your life without me

Sing in my ears
And tell me shallow
Touch me deep
Of love


I go insane
And space and time are drawn
Slightly out of step
With one another
In the wiring of my mind
I try to follow
Confusing beats

Your eyes, your heart
My head, my pain
Make too much sense

For a boy, now a dad

Telling his wife, “I’m okay.”
Assuring tomorrow
(but today?)

Love is here
Skin to skin
You rub me
Rhythmically in circles
Down my back

I turn
Your eyes
They tell me silent things
You cannot hide
Your fear of my fear
You know me
Deeply

Knowing more of us than you let on


(Seven years ago we --- Five years ago we ---
Two years ago we ---)

Mumbled, drowsy, half-
Awake to what (?)
I need
You

Sing to me
Hope for tomorrow because
Today it floats heavy on my sweat

No comments: