Apr 3, 2005

Sleep (part1)


You evade me now, cruel mistress of my sanity.
I can smell you, see you, taste you, but I cannot feel you.
You seem to whisper in my ear and in my mind you’re near,
But when I reach for you, you are not there, a mist in dream.

How I long to be in your willing arms, in your warm grasp.
Your delicate and tender legs that once enfolded me,
Your sweet face that, in the deep, glows with sweet serenity,
Are in my recent memory, but now am pained to see.

Reassuring me, with sweet and soothing words, you lulled me.

Alas, I am in constant agony. My strength is broke.
A counterfeit has grabbed me from your side, your warm embrace.
She will not let me go, nor let me go to be with you.
I am undone and powerless to come to you again.

Bring me back into possession of my-self dear lady.
Restore me to your bed; that I might be with you and yours.
Come loose the bonds and chains of consciousness that have me tied.
Come touch me with your hand and free me from all earthly cares.

No comments: