Jul 18, 2017

Statler and Waldorf

I have paid my tithe to relax
Soy macciatto and a scone
Satisfy my soul and make the words flow

Watching bakers roll the dough out
T-rex on her shoulder
Kind instruction from the owner standing

Late night in the office
So, I took some time off
Tithing and relaxing with some coffee 

Music flowing from the 90's
Bopping, typing in my world
The one-year old is singing, dancing too 

A friend strolls in and shakes my hand
We've sat here like the Muppets duo
In a box seat watching what they show us

 

2 comments:

Magyar said...

times paid
with a long years cohort
we share

__ Nicely phased, poetic story; my minimal senryu echo.

JFM said...

Hi! I just happened upon your blog and I love what I see here. This is wonderful! I will visit again and read some of your other writings.
Have a great evening~

Jan